RFID Tag Vendor: Metalcraft
30 Jul, 2015
Post by Sean Harnedy
Metalcraft is a leading vendor for RFID tags and labels. They provide a wide variety of tags and labels with a focus in the asset tracking, access control, and entertainment and event access areas. This Mason City, Iowa, company has been a leader in the identification products industry since 1950.
When a project manager is looking for tags and labels they often have requirements for tag selection including such key attributes as durability and reusability. They may also have environmental considerations dealing with where the tags are placed and under what conditions they will be used. The cost of the tags is also an important part of budget planning for any RFID project.
Metalcraft labels and tags utilize a construction that encapsulates the RFID inlay within the layers of the label protecting it from adverse environmental conditions that could negatively affect its performance. Metalcraft labels and tags are created with durable construction combined with subsurface digital printing and unique capabilities like double-sided registered options for their RFID Hang Tag, RFID Windshield Tag and Rearview Mirror Hang Tag.
The most popular Metalcraft tags include:
- Universal Mini RFID Asset Tag: a smaller footprint and lower profile tag that can be used on a variety of materials such as metal, plastic, or wood. It can additionally be labeled with complementary bar coding. With a read range of about 12 feet. This tag is just 2.75 inches long by 0.75 inches wide and just .05 inches thick and it remains the lowest profile among metal mount tags.
- Universal RFID Asset Tag: Closest thing you will find to a “one-size-fits-all” RFID solution. This is a surface-independent tag with a patented inlay designed to obtain excellent read range regardless of the surface – metal, plastic, even wood.
- Universal RFID Hard Tag: Universal RFID inlay combined with impact-resistant housing for more demanding environments. Impact-resistant housing combined with an ultrasonically welded seal protects the subsurface printed label and RFID inlay from harsh environments including harmful UV rays. Affixing methods include mechanical fasteners or optional adhesive.
- RFID Wristband: Ideal for access control at events or facilities. The wristbands feature an RFID inlay to grant access with ease.
- RFID Windshield Tag: Passive UHF tag gets over 18 feet read range when attached to windshields.
- Standard RFID Tag: Ideal for asset tracking on non-metal surfaces. Encapsulation process protects inlay. The Standard RFID Tag is ideal for asset tracking applications on non-metal surfaces that require attachment directly to the asset. The construction completely encapsulates the inlay sealing it from environmental conditions that could have an adverse effect on the performance and the life of the RFID label.
- Rearview Mirror RFID Hang Tag: Perfect for temporary access control applications. This tag is an optimal choice for access control in parking lots, gated communities and anywhere vehicles come and go.
- RFID Folded Tab Tag: Great alternative to metal mount options where a standard tag will not work especially where space is a premium.
- RFID Hang Tag: Ideal for work-in-process applications or tracking returnable containers. This tag is ideal for asset tracking applications on metal or non-metal surfaces that do not allow for attachment directly to the asset. The inlay is completely encapsulated within the tag protecting it from environmental conditions that could have an adverse effect on the performance and life of the RFID tag. Hang tags are attached to the asset using mechanical fasteners (i.e., plastic ties) rather than an adhesive.
- Sentry-M Slim RFID Tag: Provides exceptional performance on metal surfaces. Ideal for tracking IT assets such as racks, servers, laptops, computers, drives, devices and other IT accessories where space is a premium. Other applications include tracking tools, metal pallets, racks and electronic component equipment.
- RFID Destructible Windshield Tag: This tag is virtually impossible to remove in one piece.
- E Universal RFID Asset Tag: The equivalent to the best-selling Universal RFID Asset Tag in the European frequency.
- RFID Credential Tag: This tag has photographic-like image quality combined with durable design. This tag is produced with a digital printing process that provides photographic-like image quality of detailed logos or special designs.
- RFID Key Fob Tag: This tag is for use with personnel applications where tag can be secured to key chain, etc.
- NFC Tag: Near field communication (NFC)-enabled tag/reader allows two-way communication between devices.
- RFID Adhesive Closure Wristband: This tag has exceptional graphic quality combined with durable materials for event management.
- Onsite Printable Universal Mini RFID Tag: The same great features as our Universal Mini – now available as an onsite printable tag. This smaller tag utilizes a patented inlay design and passive RFID technology to obtain incredible read ranges on a variety of different materials – metal, plastic and even wood.
Examples of Metalcraft RFID Tags and Labels
Do your project requirements have special needs for your tags or labels—particularly for asset tracking, access control, or entertainment and event access– that Metalcraft can provide a solution for? They offer a wide variety of tag and label solutions for almost any RFID project requirement.
See the Metalcraft web site for the latest information on their tags and labels: http://www.idplate.com/category/rfid-tags-rfid-labels-and-asset-tags.