The ThingMagic Micro Embedded RFID Reader Module Developer Kit is designed for the high performance standards of RFID handheld, mobile, and stationary readers. This embedded UHF RFID Reader offers two antenna ports and is capable of transmitting up to +30 dBm for more demanding applications. The edge connections for signals, power, and RF enable direct soldering for the module onto a motherboard for use as a standard component. As an add-on option, the on-board connectors allow the module to be mated to a motherboard.
NOTE: This product is a reader module – NOT a finished RFID reader – and is meant for OEM and developers to embed into products or to be used in the creation of a new finished reader.
- Air Interface Protocol: EPCglobal Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C) with DRM
- Operating Frequency: Global (see data sheet for more info)
- Transmit Power: -5 to +30 dBm
- Data Interface: UART 3.3/5V; USB 2.0
- GPIO: Two 3.3V bidirectional ports
- Power Source: DC: 3.5 to 5.25V
- Antenna Ports: Two 50 Ohm connections
- Dimensions: 1.8 in x 1.0 in x 0.16 in (46 mm x 26 mm x 4.0 mm)
- Weight: < 1 lb (453.6 g)
- IP Rating: N/A
- Operating Temperature: -20° to +60°C
- Host API: C#/.NET, Java, C
- Demo Software: N/A
Why buy the ThingMagic Micro Embedded RFID Reader Module Developer Kit?
The ThingMagic Micro Embedded RFID Reader Module Developer Kit is a great way to build a reader with convenient size, flexibility of use, and raw RF power. The module unit can be mated to a motherboard by being soldered directly onto a motherboard or be used with on-board connectors. This developer kit is all that is needed to build a reader. The kit includes extremely helpful schematics for designing complementary components. The Mercury API supports the entire line of ThingMagic finished readers and embedded RFID modules. The Universal Reader Assistant reduces complexity for novice users but still allows for low-level control for advanced developers.
If interested in purchasing in volume, please either call or email us about your order. Volume discounts apply.